15 August, 2008

While Time Flits By

Today I sit here wondering
How I came to be old
Time and tide waits for no man
Maybe that is why I am not told?

There were a lot of things
I always wanted to do,
And many places
I envisaged of visiting too.

There are people moving in and out
Abiding in the arc of my family
Knowing together for a long time
Yet at times we only exchanged glances
To some maybe a simple ‘ennagga’

I have rescheduled my life,
Learning as much as I can,
Going and seeing,
Meeting and greeting,

Remaining time is mine to waste,
To enjoy and relish as I choose,
Giving me days of pleasure,
As to my dreams I admire.

Always looking forward,
Not pondering over the past,
My life's embers I keep blowing
My farewell comes most unseen

Sundaramoorthy Rajamanickam
August 2010
Rawang, Malaysia

No comments: