18 August, 2008

NOT ENOUGH OF GODS

Whilst I was residing in Perak, a group of people approached me to know whether we wanted to book a bus to go to Penang to attend St. Ann's festival. I declined. On the given date three busload of devout Hindus proceeded to St. Ann's festival to receive blessings, cure some illness, or to solve some of their problems.

To me personally it is a mockery and a slap in the face. Isn't there enough gods, goddesses, demi gods, prophets and saints to satiate their faith. Then there is this magic yellow strings to protect them, the imported samiars (priests) who can commune with gods to grant favours...and many many more avenues to appease their desires in Hinduism alone. Why another. ?

Does it insinuate that the legion of Hindu gods is less powerful then other gods.
I don't get it. Do You.

Human minds are so flimsy and brittle that it can be swayed without any effort or an enquiry to reasons.

Everybody goes, so I follow, ideology is apt in this instance.
A diverted trust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree dad. The following is an excerpt from Wikipedia

"...330,000 of these supernatural beings in various Hindu traditions[.."

Kaveri Yamuna said...

Well son, v do what is safer for u 2 move on in this world. Comments n praise should not deter our chosen way of life.